Fall 20' Applications Opened!
We are offering a Santander Bank scholarship between $2,000 to $4,000. To be considered for the scholarship, you must be a full-time CUNY student in the Fall of 2020.
July 21 Deadline
About the Program
Ideas 2 Impact is an entrepreneurship program that helps CUNY students go from idea to prototype (proof of concept).
Once per year 40 students from CUNY Schools are selected to participate in Ideas 2 Impact, a 9 week program focused on making the students’ ideas a reality.
This program consists of both learning and doing. 3hrs per week is spent in classroom lectures and exercises and 3hrs per week working with student team members and professional mentors.
Have a question, please review our FAQs below.
Special Thanks to our Partner
Banco Santander S.A
Our goal is to create an environment where you can focus exclusively on developing your idea, building a prototype and talking to customers. We accomplish this through education, mentoring, networks and projects. The education has been developed by world class educators, the mentors are successful entrepreneurs and/or investors, you plug into a great network that we engage with, and you work on immersive projects that change the way you think.
What We Do
Our team consists of entrepreneurs, mentors, tech partners and professors, who are dedicated to helping students transform ideas into reality through workshops and direct mentoring. We work with 40 students across the City University of New York on forming teams, refining ideas, and testing ideas in the marketplace. Students develop prototypes and a business plans over the course of 9-weeks and then pitch their ideas to the public to gather feedback and prepare for the next stage.
Who Should Apply
We welcome students from any discipline and from any college at CUNY. We encourage all students to apply, even students that don’t have an idea are encouraged to apply. All you need is a desire and commitment to immerse yourself in the entrepreneurial process.
September 9 – November 13
Sessions are every Wednesday & Friday 10AM-1PM
Mentor Sessions on Fridays
You do NOT need to come with an idea.
You must be a CUNY student or recent graduate (within 1 year)
You must attend Wednesday & Friday sessions 10AM-1PM
1. How much does it cost to participate in this program?
- Nothing. It’s 100% FREE.
2. Do i need to have an idea to participate?
- Not at all. All students will become part of teams that will each work on one idea.
3. Will I have mentors?
- Yes. We have a team of mentors who will work with you every Friday.
4. Do I get course credit?
- No. We are not an academic program. It’s a hands-on entrepreneurship program.
5. Can I be a non-CUNY student?
- Unfortunately, no. You must be CUNY student or recent CUNY graduate to participate in the program.
6. What are the criteria for the scholarship?
Full-time CUNY student in the Fall of 2020.
First Generation Student
We also consider whether or not you are Pell-eligible, however, this is not mandatory.
7. Do you only accept certain types of ideas?
- No. We welcome all types of ideas from social impact to tech.
8. What’s the end goal for the program?
- We have 3 goals. One is that each team develops a prototype of the idea. Second, all students come away with a good understanding of entrepreneurship. Third, all students get hands-on experience in the early stages of entrepreneurship.
9. I have a team already. Can we participate as a team?
- Yes, but you all must be either be CUNY students or recent CUNY graduates.
10. How is Ideas 2 Impact different than the startup accelerator?
- Ideas 2 Impact takes students from the idea stage to prototype. The Student Accelerator takes students from prototype to the launch of their startup.